Beginner's Guide to Choosing a Bicycle
Published: 06/06/2009 by eBicycles
© istockphoto.com / slobo
Checking out a bike at the local bicycle shop. You have many different styles to choose from.
If you've dreamt about pedaling the open road, getting to work in a more environmentally friendly way, staying in shape or saving on fuel costs; itís time you thought about getting on a bicycle. Or back on it. There are so many opportunities available to you through cycling. Not only can you really explore your natural environment both at home or abroad, but you can be self-propelled, independent, make new friends, save cash at the gas station and contribute to a greener, more sustainable world. Itís a win-win for everyone, including your wallet.
If youíre interested in getting a bicycle but don't know where to start, this guide will come in handy. It covers many topics that will help you make an informed decision when buying a bicycle.
Topics covered in this guide:
- What Type of Bicycle Should I Buy?
- What Size Bicycle Do I Need?
- Test Riding a Bicycle
- Guide to Buying a Bicycle
- What Bicycle Accessories Do I Need?
Things to consider before buying a bicycle:
- What types of riding will I do? Leisure pursuits, getting fit, commuting, touring, racing and off-road are some examples.
- Whats my budget? Bicycles vary widely in quality, size, shape and form, so having a budget will help narrow your search.
- Is my level of fitness a consideration? Body shape, size and and your overall health may affect the type of bicycle that is best suited for your.
As you read this guide, knowing your goals will go a long way towards helping you buy the right bicycle.