Freestyle BMX frames have thick tubing and heavy duty 20″ tires designed to accommodate the weight of the rider when landing jumps and tricks. The frame size is determined using the top tube length. The instructions below explain how to measure a freestyle BMX bike.
- 1 Identify the top of the seat tube, where the seat clamp holds the seat post.
- 2 Identify the center of the bottom bracket (it's the axle that holds the crank arms together).
- 3 Measure the distance between the two points (C-T) - this is the length of the seat tube.
- 4 Record your measurement in both centimeters (cm) and inches (to the nearest half-inch).
- 5 Select your bike size from the drop-down on the right to see a rider height chart.
Freestyle BMX Bike
Once you know your bike's frame size, select it from the drop-down to see how tall riders should be to use this bike.
Top Tube Length (TT) - This is the length of the top tube, measured from the center of the seat tube to center of the head tube
US BMX (in) - BMX bikes are measured in inches.